The Brain Injury Specialist will offer support and skills training to the brain injury survivor in their home, work setting, and health and leisure domains. Through service coordination, resource identification, and independent living and life skills training, the Brain Injury Specialist will enhance the overall community integration of the brain injury survivor.
Advocates promotes a healthy work-life balance and offers many generous perks of employment and room for advancement. We are a strong-knit community that values the ideas and contributions of our staff.
Are you ready to make a difference?
- Provide support and supervision to the brain injury survivor.
- Deliver collaborative client services including intake, service planning, life skills training and coordination of other services to achieve client goals.
- Document monthly progress toward identified goals.
- Maintain ongoing communications with colleagues and external service providers.
- Provide crisis intervention and access emergency services to clients as needed.
- Identify and address community integration issues for clients on caseload or as designated.
- Provide transportation and training around utilizing transportation to individuals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in field and one year related experience, preferably with brain injury survivors.
- Strong analytical, numerical and reasoning abilities.
- Enthusiasm, motivation, open-mindedness, creativity, and the desire to thrive in a collaborative, team-based environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and sound judgement.
- Strong computer knowledge.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license, have access to an operational and insured vehicle and be willing to use it to transport clients.
- Strongly prefer a candidate that will have a demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse populations.
- TR/CTRS preferred
Advocates is an EOE/D/F/M/V.
Why Should I Consider a Career in Human Services?
Our Team members are dedicated to engaging and empowering individuals by forming lasting relationships, collaboratively achieving personal goals, offering creative solutions to everyday and complex situations, and actively listening. We exercise independent judgement and contribute to the overall success and benefit of the Team.
Is Human Services a Fit for Me?
Successful Team members are open-minded, eager and compassionate, and will exercise solid, independent judgement while fostering trustworthy relationships with the individuals that we serve. We put the individual first.